Unsolved

Y

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 5th, 2024 10:23

Dedicated graphics card BSOD

Latitude E5440

Every time the dell supportassisst program installes missing drivers in my laptop it installes the dedicated graphics card driver, so that leads to the bsod. And when i try to install my gt 720m driver manually using the program from the nvidia or from the dell website it says ''this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware'', its been like that since i got it.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 6th, 2024 12:27

@yumaleoflorida blue

Latitude E5440

Every time the dell supportassisst program installes missing drivers in my laptop it installes the dedicated graphics card driver, so that leads to the bsod. And when i try to install my gt 720m driver manually using the program from the nvidia or from the dell website it says ''this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware'', its been like that since i got it.

Hello, @yumaleo 

The error message “this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware” typically indicates that the driver installation process is unable to recognize the graphics hardware on your system.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

Check Compatibility: Ensure that the driver you are trying to install is compatible with your Nvidia GT 720M and your version of Windows.
Use Device Manager: Try updating the driver through Device Manager. Go to ‘Display adapters’, right-click on your Nvidia graphics card, and select ‘Update driver’. Choose 'Search automatically for updated driver software’.
Download Correct Driver: Make sure you’re downloading the correct driver from the Nvidia or Dell website. The driver should match your specific GPU model and Windows version.
BIOS Update: Check if there’s a BIOS update available for your laptop. An outdated BIOS can sometimes cause compatibility issues with hardware components.
Clean Installation: Perform a clean installation of the graphics driver. This involves completely removing the current driver and then installing the new one. Nvidia offers an option for a clean install within its driver installation wizard.
Hardware Check: If possible, check if the graphics card is properly seated in its slot. Loose connections can cause the system to fail to recognize the hardware.

Remember to back up your data before making any changes to your system, especially when updating BIOS or performing a clean installation of drivers.

I hope my suggestion is helpful for you.

Best Regard,
diana658

(edited)

No Events found!